Introductions

              So, here we go. My first blog post. It seems that the interwebs are so saturated with blogs right now that I considered whether or not to start one. Would it just be lost in a sea of mediocrity? Would it be even a tad successful? Will anyone read it? Should any of that matter to me? Some of the content I plan to share certainly won’t be the most popular, but I figure if I can help just a few people, then it’s worth it. Some readers might think I’m crazy, as in literally mentally ill. Honestly I couldn’t care less because I know that I know what I know…ya know?

Where are my manners?! Let me introduce myself. My name is Bree AKA Breezy. I am the domestic engineer of my castle in a smallish town in Northwestern Illinois. I teach Sunday school, am a member of the women’s ministry team at my church and have recently found out that there is a name for my specific gifts. (More on that later) I like to say that I have “craft ADD” because I have been known to try several different types consecutively. I have a wonderful husband and 6 children plus my cat, who I have had longer than most of my kids. My man and I have a unique story of as to how we met. We were both widows when we met on a Christian dating site. The first time we spoke, we spent two hours on the phone with our jaws on the floor at the similarities in our situations and just knew that it must be a divine appointment from God. Maybe one day, I’ll tell the whole story. Anywho…

I have been through hell and back in my life. Many things most people would think only happen to people on the evening news. Actually, I have been on the news more than once. More than 5 times actually. Aren’t I special? The one thing that has kept me sane is my relationship with God. Through the tough spots, I have learned to hold onto Him for dear life and what it truly means to trust Him with everything. I haven’t always been so level headed and faithful. I’ve walked away or slipped away and tried my hardest to make it work without Him, only to end up feeling empty and lost. I have also been spiritually sensitive my whole life. I have been hearing, seeing, and feeling things science cannot explain since I was a very little girl. Baptized in the Holy spirit at age 11 and raised in a Lutheran church, I kept the majority of my experiences mostly to myself. Except for the last few years.

 Part of the intentions of making this blog is to share my craft adventures, and the other is to help others who have similar gifts, as I mentioned before. You see, I am an empath. A Christian, bible believing, born again, spirit filled, empath or “burden bearer.” And from my personal research, I have found that there are TONS of articles on the new age teaching of this and very few from the Christian perspective. I don’t do the healing crystals or adjust my chakras or any of that stuff. I prefer the term empath because the Christian term doesn’t cover the majority of my gifts/curse. (Other empaths can relate to that ‘curse’ part, I’m sure) What the heck is an empath, you might be asking yourself?  The official definition is: noun (chiefly in science fiction) a person with the paranormal ability to apprehend the mental or emotional state of another individuals.
We have many traits and not every empath has the same ones. (Let’s see how many times I can use that word in this post, shall we?) Here is a list of just a few traits:

The ability to deeply feel or to take on another person’s feelings as if they were our own.

Feeling overwhelmed and irritable when in a crowd or after being around several other people.

Time alone at the end of the day is a MUST.

Knowing things that you can’t explain how you know them, you just do.

You are highly observant of people and subtleties in their behavior and body language. You know when someone is lying.

To be able to assess the mental/emotional state of someone just by walking in the room.

Being told you have the gift of healing, are clairvoyant, psychic or you have recurrent instances of deja vu.

You can’t watch violent movies or scenes because it makes you extremely anxious or sick to your stomach.

You HATE the dark. For a number of reasons.


You love the outdoors, have a special connection with animals and frequently find yourself with a need to be near a large body of water. (who wouldn’t want to spend time at the beach, right?)

Like I said, just to name a few. (Sarcasm implied here)

So if you said yes to most of or all of these, you might also be an Empath. Hopefully I can share some practical advice on this subject. I would love to hear any practical advice you might have for me. Like learning to protect and block out some of the feelings or, for lack of a better word, energies that we may being bombarded by. Protection is a big one us. Either to block out unwanted energy or to protect yourself from the back lash of the enemy for using your gifts for the kingdom of heaven. I'd like to see a community of christian empaths who lift each other up, encourage one another and pray for each other. I can't imagine that being a bad thing. I already know of a few others with similar gifts. You might too.

Come back and visit again. You might read something helpful, or at least entertaining. :)







Comments